Kinderdagverblijf De Girafant
In child care centre de Girafant children can get a place from the age of six weeks. We have two age groups: a baby group (6 weeks - ca. 15 months) and a toddler group (15 months - school age). Children with specific needs for care are also welcome on the condition that they can be integrated in one of the age groups. The child care centres have a professional and motivated team which guarantees quality child care in an optimal pedagogic climate:
- where there is attention and respect for each child and his parents
- where each child gets stimulated in his total development
- where there is space for each child to discover and explore
- where we make sure each child feels well and gets involved
- where it´s important to have an open dialogue with parents
- where education problems can be discussed and where we can look for solutions together
The child care centres are accredited and subsidised by Kind en Gezin. The rates are calculated on the common taxable income of the parents.
De Girafant is easily accessible both by car and public transport. The childcare center has its own parking and a bicycle garage
Public Transport(bus): Leuven Parkpoort: 4, 5, 6, 307, 318, 555, 558, 597, 600, 616, 630
By car: Girafant childcare center is located along the ring of Leuven, the Philipssite, between the E. Ruelensvest and Geldenaaksevest
If you registered timely for our waiting list, you will receive an answer after three months of pregnancy at the earliest. If you register after three months of pregnancy, you will have to wait for an answer for one month at the most. We have two types of allocation:
- the regular allocations (long term planning) happen based on the probable birth month. We then give priority to brothers and sisters and to staff members of the municipal group care. The remaining places will be assigned chronologically by following the order of application;
- the allocations in the short term (emergency planning). Here, we give priority to brothers/sisters and to parents that are looking for childcare because they’re looking for a job, in order to keep their job, or because they’re following a course related to this job. We also give priority to the priority groups that are determined by Kind en Gezin.